So is D1GP PA canceled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
    Have any of you gone to Japan and beat them on their own turf in their own cars? JAMES HAS. THE FIRST TOKYO DRIFT...
    This is not correct, the winner of the first Tokyo Drift was Kumakubo on day 1 and Imamura on day 2.

This is top 10 for day 1

1. Nobushige Kumakubo - Evo 9
    2. Masao Suenaga - FD3S
    3. Youichi Imamura - S15
    4. Masato Kawabata - RPS13
    5. Yoshinori Koguchi - RPS13
    6. Daigo Saito - JZX100
    7. Ken Nomura - ER34
    8. Akinori Utsumi - S13
    9. Kazuyoshi Okamura - S13
    10. Tsutomu Fujio - FD3S

This is top 10 for day 2

1. Youichi Imamura - S15
    2. Masato Kawabata - RPS13
    3. Masao Suenaga - FD3S
    4. Tsuyoshi Tezuka - BNR32
    5. Tetsuya Hibino - AE86
    6. Nobuteru Taniguchi - SXE10
    7. Drift Samurai - FC3S
    8. Yoshinori Koguchi - RPS13
    9. Ken Nomura - ER34
    10. Tatsuya Sakuma - S15

The latest Tokyo drift event had Tezuka as a winner.

If D1 was such a conspiracy why would you think they would let him 'beat them on their own turf' as you put it?

Another thing:
    Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
    Not a car or driver could compete against James in that car.
    Do you have any idea about the caliber of the competitive D1GP cars in Japan? Now I dont have the amount of expertise and experience that you claim to have but honestly 500hp doesnt really mean anything in a sport where you dont need power to win. Especially if you're going up against the likes of JUN auto, Blitz, and HKS cars being piloted by drivers such as Kuma, Taniguchi, Orido, etc.

Honestly, this is getting weird.

Comment

Seriously, ragging on D1 about their $5 sodas is one thing, but creating a "Japanese government conspiracy theory" is going a bit too far...even for drifting.com standards...lol
      Last edited by OldSkool510; 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Sounds like someone is whining about their mediocre drivers losing. I think someone just needs to face the facts and recognize that the skill gap is huge and not blame it on a conspiracy theory DUH!

Give your drivers more seat time and maybe one day they can deliver!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
          Sounds like someone is whining about their mediocre drivers losing. I think someone just needs to face the facts and recognize that the skill gap is huge and not blame it on a conspiracy theory DUH!

Give your drivers more seat time and maybe one day they can deliver!!!!!
          Man... I have to say i agree with you 100%
          I wish the Drft Avengers all the luck in the world and hope they can figure it and just go to events and compete.
          Leave the drama for daytime TV please.

Comment

Jesus, this thread went *Censored**Censored**Censored* backwards

First and foremost, even though I don't approve with D1gp protocol, I do thank them for speaking what is the truth on these forums.

Sorry Dr Z and the drift avengers, but your boy ain't that great. Saw his qual runs at angels stadium... he looks decent.

If he is good as you guys are saying lets face the facts he would be top 16 of formula d right now with the rest of the best American drifters.

And for serious, the top US guys get paid way more to drive then the japanese guys. Lets just say it like this, the top three at Wall... Dmac, JR, and Tyler... lets just say they are sitting real pretty win or loose. THEY GOTS CONTRACTS!

The japanese government may give D1 some type of tax breaks, or some sort of leverage for the company to operate smoother in japan. But not at all giving them money, japanese government just does not work like that.

We would see that in america loooong before we would in japan. Ds club is probably paying these guys a decent amount to come out here for battle, but not the goverment.

And people, lets not underestimate forest. I for one think he would have smashed a new one on Ueo. And I'm a Ueo fan.... There's a bunch of privateer guys from socal with the right back can be top 10 FD drivers.... just look at JTP.

D1 english town huh!!!??!!???

Run it exactly the same as you guys D1 in 07, hopefully we get too see the DA aces go toe to toe with the Japanese. I know they can hang.

Comment

Originally posted by drift-avengers View Post

I see them as a team of people trying to help all of you wanna-be, and up and coming drifters. Do any of you that are bashing James, actually know him?
              Do any of you know Dr Z? It seems that it has become a crime in this drifting community to want to have fairness for all.
              First off all who are you calling wanna-be's it's us drifting.com members.
              Second off no one is bashing on James all this got started because your boss decides to make big accusations against d1 and he hasn't shown proof about it. No and I don't know Dr. Z but surely he didn't leave a good impression on the forum he sounds like he is a cocky man. No it hasn't become a crime in the drifting community if you want fairness for all but do you realize that what your boss or what ever he is to you is making big allegations against the organization that started drifting as a proffesional motorsport and brought to the U.S.A and he hasn't shown proof about It.

Oh and going back to you calling us wanna be's that sounds messed up from you. And you are saying the drifting community ununited just because we want proof, who is the ununited.

Comment

Dr. Z

Hold em up BUCKO... I did not build his current car engine. If you paid any attention to what I was saying, it was the skyline. One of the benchmark teams in FD spent more time ripping Ruth and James off for the absolutely moronic mechanic work on that car. The turbo and manifold are wrong. I did tune the chassis. I am going to make serious changes. I wish you would have one tenth our heart instead of that alligator mouth. Your are an armchair captain of the world... Blog on!!! Ruth's stable is IMMACULATELY TUNED and maintained by me... What have you done besides run everyone in the mud?

Comment

Dr. Z

Let me add one thing. James was PRIVATELY INVITED BY KUMAKUBO to race the mountain. There is a lot of our history that is not published. Only the priviledged truly know. When we reveal our sources very soon, we'll flush all the non believers down the toilet. Ask KUMAKUBO ABOUT JAMES... Don't be scared!!! Put your money where your mouth is... Also ask him about the time he saw the skyline at Clays on the Dyno... HE WENT OUT AND GOT A NITROUS KIT AND PUT IT ON IN FRONT OF ME... :U) ASK HIM... I DARE ANYONE to prove me or JAMES wrong. YOU ALL must quit enabling an already faltering and crippled league and embrace the ones who truly want to drift here. We are going to provide more access to all the grass roots drifters and then some... I guess you should hate us for that, too!

Comment

*** Fans Point-Of-View***

Dr Z and Drift Avengers. People gang up on drift avengers for two reasons.... you have the wackest team name on earth and you just seem like a spoiled snob who crys in front of your computer alllll day. You guys are ruining this forum. get off. I dont wanna read your bitching everyday. You obviously dont care about this sport. you just wanna feel important. If you want your team to be more succesful, pick up a driver that will get you to that success.

my 2 cents is that D1 in the US will never be as good as the D1GP series in Japan. case closed. I think alot of people do give D1 too much crap for the reason that they are at least attempting to run a full series in another continent. They have many series back at home that they are fully invested in. Not that they want to in any way, but I feel like FD would get the same trouble D1 has faced over here if they tried to take an FD points series to Japan.

What it comes down to is D1 is a show. the best show ever. I wish they still sold their DVDs in the US. They have in-car, its freaking 2 1/2 hours long. D1 owns.

FD is a competition. thats why many D1 drivers are coming over. FD is focused on growing their Fan base thats why they have crappy shows. I have no faith in the new series on Versus because its only a 30 min show per event.

FD drivers are choosing not to compete in D1 not because FD told them not to, but FD drivers want to really make an investment into th growth of FD.

I'm still hoping there is a Mid-Atlantic D1 Event. Why did D1 rent summit if your not going to include it in the points series?

Comment

• No one is hating on James and his driving ability!!! He just hasn't proved himself on the D1 circuit. He hasn't even qualified in the TOP 16 yet, but you are coming on here talking about how great he is. Let his driving do the talking and not your mouths.

We are hating on the fact that the DRIFT AVENGERS are stirring up some crazy controversy about D1 and all their politics. WHO CARES....

What happened to James about the scoring issue sucks. It was an error of ommitance, not conspiracy. They merely forgot to include a score in the calculation. It was discovered and corrected, but unfortunately for the Drift Avengers, James was knocked out of the Top 16. Fair and square, right?

What was so wrong with that? How did they conspire against you guys?

Next event, leave no doubt. Have him go out there and drift like you say he can. Believe it or not, he does have some fans out there along with the other Drift Avengers.

Comment

• Maybe stuff like this is why James left Ruth, the Ferrari, the Beverly Hills Mansion, and all the other perks of being a Drift Avenger, in the first place.

You guys are putting too much pressure on the kid. You guys create too much hype that he cannot live up to.

What happened to Ruth? Usually she would respond within seconds after a new post...
                        Last edited by OldSkool510; 06-09-2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                          I am Dr. Z. Let me give all you young guns some background on me. I started Dr. Z's Datsun in Dallas in 1985. Surely before any of you touched a wrench I was building Balanced and Blue Printed L24's with crane cams and Holley 4 barrels or triple webber 45DCOE's.

I helped build the skyline James drove for the 1st D1. Terrence and Will Mattox were there when the certain ruling judge came up and gave James not only the entrance form back but also the ENTRANCE MONEY and told us to take the car and leave. No one in the whole system has ever had that happen. Stacking the deck. I had the car on Clays dyno in LA putting almost 500 bhp. Not a car or driver could compete against James in that car. The radar guns showed it and we were removed from qualifying after everyone else ran... No explanations!

I guess you call that fair, too?

Oh, BTW, I lived in Sacramento with Henry Chung building and dynoeing for a year. I've put in my dues. James is absolutely the BEST CUTTING EDGED DRIVER TODAY. I've carted with him and never seen him lose. I've roadraced the streets of Houston with him in excess of 135mph never missing a beat. Who has more heart?

Have any of you gone to Japan and beat them on their own turf in their own cars? JAMES HAS. THE FIRST TOKYO DRIFT...

All you naysayers? Build a better machine than I do and drive better than James if you can... OR find a 3 onethousandths point difference and disqualify us AGAIN!!! You bet thats as fair as it gets...
                          This I find extremely funny

Comment

• Dr. Z

I guess all you watch toooooo much television and believe everything the government says. It's incredible how most everyone is comfortable in their BLISSFUL IGNORANCE. Don't hate on anyone... Just accept the facts. We'll be here longer than D-1 anyway. If you don't like our name, TOUGH! We're not making fun of your name. Do you know Kumakubo like James does? Where's Terrence? He knows very well who the F#@* I am. He was at the first D1 with us trying to PEDDLE THE WDC... What happened with that? He was a sympathizer then, now he's part of the problem hiding underneath a KIMONO...

Comment

• James bondurant

LIsten up you haters on drifting.com.

I am so @#$%%^ sick of everyone on here bashing James. You have no idea what the &*^* you're talking about. James came to visit me one week before Anaheim and the s14 was in my garage. It hadnt been used since last summer.
                              we did the Ahaneim race because we both love drifting and we both missed being on the track. I have 100 percent faith in james. Im not telling him to go out and win. Im telling him to go out and have fun. I dont care if he wins. I just want him to be happy. Thats why this whole thing isnt about James getting to be number one. Its about stripping him of a chance to battle drift against the number one driver in the world. You dont understand. James has nothing but the deepest respect for all the Japanese drivers. Its not about them either. This is about one man, the drift king. I promise all the people on here that are asking me for proof of what im saying.
                              I spoke to one of the people yesterday who has first hand information, and I promise you, when the time is right, you will have your proof.
                              I have been a journalist and worked on newspapers in New york and I have a moral and ethical obligation to not reveal my sources if they ask me to keep them off the record. If any of you spoke to a reporter and asked them to keep your name out of it, would you trust them again if your name was exposed?
                              as d1 says, these are very serious allegations, and I only wrote what I have been made aware of. I am not the source. I only reported what three different unrelated people very deep in this industry told me.
                              Dr Z has his own opinions.I have nothing to do with what comes from his mind.
                              this is about justice in drifting. I was going to get off this site and then some young drifters emailed me to tell me that if people like me dont stand up for them, then they will never have a shot.
                              James happens to be an excellent driver. There is serious problem with the car. if roll cages werent mandatory, hed be in my supra and then you'd see his true capabilities.
                              Forrest , Cj and Dr Z will be tuning and working on getting better performance out of the S14 and then James will orove himself to be the driver that you doubt he is.
                              I personally dont need the proof. I know James is one of the best drivers. I know this is very important to James however, and will support him in any way I can.
                              Please try not to be so cruel in your comments. He hasnt done anything to deserve this bashing.
                              thank you
                              ruth

Comment

• ruth and james

Originally posted by Piner View Post
                                This I find extremely funny
                                please understand Dr Z has been with james through good and bad times, and he is extremely passionate about people bashing James.
                                James and I love Dr Z, but we know that he can get carried away on some of his rants. He means well. Please get gentle on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X