No announcement yet.

The Last Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just laughed when I saw te commercial. GTO, come one that car is overpriced fro what you rgetting. And they put the GTO badge on it to try to sell some cars. It's just an aussie Holden now in the US. One of our aussie friends didn't know what the big deal was with the new GTo either.
    BTW, at least when BMW made those short films, they got some top notch directors in there.
    peace.

Comment

Ya I saw it too...just a cleaver plot by Pontiac and a few name drops with F and F. It was kinda like that show awhile back...VIPER. Staring the ever-popular Dodge viper which became this beastly bond-like Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome type car. Dodge had an advertising hand in that.

Comment

holden copied GM in the beginning

for some history on the holden monaro, go here: http://www.arealgem.com/Holden%20Monaro%20History.htm

in the beginning, GM set the innovative pace for Holden's Monaro program

Comment

I loved Viper the show. It was great. Too bad it got cancelled. Damn TV show nazis!! Hee hee.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Comment

Well I hate to tell you all for the hundredth time that it don't matter what any of you think because Rob Cohen makes money. Thats the final line in that book. If he makes money, people will throw the money at him to make more movies. Being in the movie business myself, I see this firsthand.

As for the other stuff, my friend is good firends with the OC dude and he is actually a pretty cool guy. He is doing what he wants to do and this movie was an oppurtunity to further his career which is pretty hot now.

Hollywood is abot the almighty dollar just like Pontiac, Dodge, Blitz, HKS, Veilside and all the other companies that are out there. If they weren't then they wouldn't be in business. So don't think just cause some company puts out some good parts for Drifting that they are hardcore about Drifting. They are hardcore alright, hardcore about that dollar.

As for the artist, man those are some really good storyboards. How bout helping a starving stuntman get some work

Comment

useless post

some of those companys are about the Yen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                Well I hate to tell you all for the hundredth time that it don't matter what any of you think because Rob Cohen makes money. Thats the final line in that book. If he makes money, people will throw the money at him to make more movies. Being in the movie business myself, I see this firsthand.

As for the other stuff, my friend is good firends with the OC dude and he is actually a pretty cool guy. He is doing what he wants to do and this movie was an oppurtunity to further his career which is pretty hot now.

Hollywood is abot the almighty dollar just like Pontiac, Dodge, Blitz, HKS, Veilside and all the other companies that are out there. If they weren't then they wouldn't be in business. So don't think just cause some company puts out some good parts for Drifting that they are hardcore about Drifting. They are hardcore alright, hardcore about that dollar.

As for the artist, man those are some really good storyboards. How bout helping a starving stuntman get some work
                finally, someone arrives with some real-world "reality" experiences about life in a capitalistic economy.

ghostie, i will grant your request. you can tell artie (stunt coordinator) that you saw the trailer and some storyboard samples from the movie and that you spoke to me online (which is true enough). email artie at amistunts@aol.com.

be very brief and amiable, telling in the email what your background is. ask him if he is "taking resumes." if he replys, he may grant the request. or he may not do anything.

i hope that helps. it is at least something.

Comment

I thank you alot man. I will send that off post haste. Thanks again. Sent you a PM too by the way.
                  Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 04-28-2004, 07:55 PM.

Comment

ghost,

check your pm.

cheers.

Comment

Heh awesome man. Replied too.

Comment

on the twisty roads barried in the moutains along the east coast rides one man... with two guns..... and his car known only as 'the ghost"... on a mission to tame the wild west of drifting!

comming this fall

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          on the twisty roads barried in the moutains along the east coast rides one man... with two guns..... and his car known only as 'the ghost"... on a mission to tame the wild west of drifting!

comming this fall
                          I really like that idea, especially in that black FD

Comment

I happen to think the most important thing about a car movie is the car. I mean, with Intial D you have the ae86. There's just something cool and unusual about it. Gone in 60 Seconds had the Mach 1 and later the Shelby. 69 GTO has that sort of feel to it, but the 4 GTO just doesn't. Maybe because it's such a new car. A car needs a reputation IMO before it gets a movie.

Comment

another one:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, those pictures are definitely the hotness.

Comment

Working...
                                X