No announcement yet.

The Last Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh the Ghost movie. Now that a funny one. I could do my own car work in that one.

Man that last drawing was sweet, that is what is called "Precision driving". The rear end has to enter the frame at the exact spot everytime and every take. Screw it up one too many and they call in another driver and you go home, no "Golden Time" for you my friend.

Comment

that is a good point. i took for granted when i was watching them that very thing. you have made it clearer to me: they would hit the mark pretty much in the same place at every take. not easy to do.

a similar thing exists with my end of things: give them boards that don't work too many times and they call someone else.

Comment

for all you stunt guys

for anyone either already a pro or a beginner, it is always great to update skills or acquire new ones:

goto: www.gilbertracing.com and click the "stunt school" button. located in south florida, you can meet and work with professional drivers and get a clearer focus in this part of the industry.

i hope this opens doors for you guys.

Comment

That'd be cool to see ghost's FD in a movie Btw when is this supposed to air?

Comment

go here: http://www.pontiac.com/tlr/landing.jsp?source=tlrmedia

Comment

Originally posted by doriftokouki
              This movie is going to be funny, they used our shop car for one of the cars in the movie and put g@y dragon stickers on the hood and a racing flag on the side, and they used my friend as the flagger in one of the races lol, they did some of the filming on a military base here in San Diego, if you see a blue del sol with a big intercooler and a dragon sticker on the hood lol thats it, I think it does a burnout in one of the scenes haha.
              wow, way to promote your shop/car buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by visual homage

it's too bad you're so hostile. fyi, most all scenes you speak of are shot live-action. and you can always not watch his next movie.

haha, so tru. alotta of us flame those movies but ironically, we still watch 'em.

rob cohen, eventhough you dislike him, put the tuning culture mainstream with his fast & furious movie. then the rip-offs followed. his film even drove market values for used supras off the map.
                wow, this has been argued so many times but it always comes down to what kinda exposure the tuning culture receieved which has been good/bad. but i'd choose the good over bad anytime. except for the rise of supra prices.

Comment

another take

another way of seeing hollywood:

as much as i dislike, for example, the matrix movies (i know throngs of people love them, but i think they are overrated and boring, and i don't see what the fans see in them), they will still continue to make them -at least they will continue to franchise them in some way through video games or spin-off projects like amusement rides at theme parks.

i also hate celine dion. i have gone on for hours, giving her more attention than she deserves, with people about how i cannot stand her. and she has a perma-concert in vegas. it is crass, commercial, plastic, shallow, all sizzle-and-no-steak to me. and she's raking in millions for her promoters and herself.

Comment

You HAVE to watch them though or it'll kill on the inside. I hear so many people joking about 2F2F, but I haven't the slightest clue what they are talking about. Pisses me off. I'm going to end up borrowing the dvd or something.

Comment

alll I have to say is at the beginning of the trailer w/ the girl. "JIGGLE" hehehehehee had to rewind that a few times to make sure.... I was like whoa........ hahaha

Comment

hey i liked xXx

I liked xXx I think the TF&TF fanchise is a load of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* although I must say I did like vin desile and the cars in TF&TF but the rest is crap. plz do not let this turn into a vin desile thread lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDrift
                          You HAVE to watch them though or it'll kill on the inside. I hear so many people joking about 2F2F, but I haven't the slightest clue what they are talking about. Pisses me off. I'm going to end up borrowing the dvd or something.
                          no. don't borrow it. 2f2f sucks. it is a lame attempt to rehash the first one. it is actually boring. rob cohen did NOT direct the second one.

Comment

so true "Cuh"! hahaha omg I nearly fell outta my seat hearing paul walker say that.... hahaha oh by the way some of my employees saw him at my old theater he went to walk seabiscuit a long time ago.... I wish I were there so I could jack his skyline.... not the one in the movie but his stock Vspec II

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
                              so true "Cuh"! hahaha omg I nearly fell outta my seat hearing paul walker say that.... hahaha oh by the way some of my employees saw him at my old theater he went to walk seabiscuit a long time ago.... I wish I were there so I could jack his skyline.... not the one in the movie but his stock Vspec II

Heh. Paul Walker and his VSpec. . . you see him on Leno a few years ago? Walker was talking about cars and Leno sez "So, how fast have you driven in your Skyline?"

Walker sez: "Oh, 170 - 175 or so, what about you?"

Leno, with a straight face, slammed the door on him: "250 out at Bonneville"

I almost died laughing at the expresion on Walkers face. You don't start bragging about car stuff with Leno, you ain't gonna win.
                              Last edited by el_jefe; 04-30-2004, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Leno is the world's greatest car guy. He owns a GT90 (yes a GT90 the concept car), more Vipers than I can count, a McClaren F1, Duesenbergs, Bugatti's, I could go on and on. Pretty much if it's fast Jay's got it. I wanna meet him someday not cause he's famous just to check out all his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X