• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting Pretty; (LA Weekly Article)

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/25/the-alimurung.php

Drifting Pretty-Nadine Toyoda and her girl racers
    by Gendy Alimurung

Re: Drifting Pretty; (LA Weekly Article)

Originally posted by WINDING Master

Drifting Pretty-Nadine Toyoda and her girl racers
    by Gendy Alimurung

HAH! why do THEY make it into a newspaper....there's other groups with lots more talent out there. WHY do they ALL have 240's?????
    Last edited by TougeDorifuto; 05-14-2004, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I wonder what they thought of the article?

Comment

Re: Re: Drifting Pretty; (LA Weekly Article)

Originally posted by TougeDorifuto
        HAH! . WHY do they ALL have 240's?????
        couse they want...

Comment

I couldnt finish that artical. Sorry girls.

Honestly im not that interested in a group of girls... woooo what a novelty. I guess girls REALLY can do anything a boy can!

Remember Drifting Ugly guys?? i saw we start it. Part of the BTTS leauge. (pretty girls are welcome in drifting ugly)

Comment

gah so long..i read about half of it and got tired...not bored though. i thought the article was ok...not terrible and was more based ont he girl's themselves rather than the scene, but i noticed toards the end it got into words and technicalities...so it was interesting none the less...

Comment

have any of you ever seen them drift? i have and it is NOT PRETTY. All Nadine can do is donuts. I think this is all a joke. They look stupid trying to be all serious. Anyway blah!!!!!

Comment

I thought you guys were joking. I don't know how far I made it (didnt finish -- and i read fast), but damn that was boring

Comment

1. wtf is drift racing?
                  2. the 240sx is not a trendy car? i call b.s.
                  3. hardly any american men drift on a professional level... then how did sam hubinette get into d1? or alex pfeiffer? benson hsu who they mention later in the article... w/e...
                  4. i hate the unreal cockpit description of drifting presented by the writer.
                  5. “You see all the pretty parts you can put on the car and go, ‘That’s cute!’” (shudder) (you hear a voice that whispers ricer...)
                  6. “Rice are the ones that try to drift around corners on the street for no reason,” said Thao. <-- what is this crap?

anywayz that whole article was crap. i skimmed over most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                    1. wtf is drift racing?
                    2. the 240sx is not a trendy car? i call b.s.
                    3. hardly any american men drift on a professional level... then how did sam hubinette get into d1? or alex pfeiffer? benson hsu who they mention later in the article... w/e...
                    4. i hate the unreal cockpit description of drifting presented by the writer.
                    5. “You see all the pretty parts you can put on the car and go, ‘That’s cute!’” (shudder) (you hear a voice that whispers ricer...)
                    6. “Rice are the ones that try to drift around corners on the street for no reason,” said Thao. <-- what is this crap?

anywayz that whole article was crap. i skimmed over most of it.
                    thank you. DP is still overrated though. >.>
                    Last edited by TougeDorifuto; 05-15-2004, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Okay guys. We get it now. Remember people in drifitng pretty are people too (attractive people with breast) they have feelings. So lets go easy on the negative comments. You guys all have a good amount of wiggle room when it comes to commenting on things you dont like, but remember like i said those are people who may read this.

Comment

Is it just me, or do the members of DP in that pic really look like the crew of the Enterprise?

Honestly, I'm not too impressed with DP. it seems they care more about being "the only all-girl team" than actually being a skilled team.

Comment

I wasn't even going to bother reading the article,but then I seen some of the comments.

When she was 14, she said, she would ride passenger with guys. When she was 15, they would drive out to Ontario on weekends at 11 at night to meet up at gas stations or parking lots and race on deserted streets. There were car jackings and shootings
                          I'm growing tired of this type of publicity.Everyones a gangsta in this FnF type world right? If you see something like this,just keep quiet and don't tell the media.I guess that's one of the selling points of this article,what's an "import" article with the mention of Honda Civics,jackings,and guns.

“Rice are the ones that try to drift around corners on the street for no reason,” said Thao

Yeah,so dori dori is all rice then right? I wonder sometimes.

blah..I'm not liking the direction some of these writers are taking this,seems so typical,repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
                            Is it just me, or do the members of DP in that pic really look like the crew of the Enterprise?

Honestly, I'm not too impressed with DP. it seems they care more about being "the only all-girl team" than actually being a skilled team.
                            I thought the exact same thing. Thats what i get for being a trekker.

Comment

what i would do for a real life phaser...

we need some articles on some real drifters who are good and dont care about having color matched springs and crap like that. primered cars drifting is the shiz.

Comment

Working...
                              X