Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coiloverkid,
    Aww, interesting setup you have. Yeah, you need more angle. I'd have to throw it up on the rack and take a look at a few things to figure out which way was best to do it.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• You using my name in vain again? Grrr.....

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
      oh yeah, ramblux said we need to have you make some arms/rods for my wagon(down below)! I can swap hubs and brakes from WRX's to fit, but alas no steering modification is available. Look for it in an upcoming us-based drift magazine...

Comment

• Hey Alex I have a question for you. Maybe 2.

I’m looking to buy a 240sx (RPS13) or 200 as they are called here in Europe, and my logic states that you don’t want ABS in a drift vehicle (right/wrong ?) and in that case do you know if it’s a difficult operation to disable/remove the ABS on this type of car.

Again my guess is that its not but the only way to find out is to ask right

The reason I ask is that there were not that many cars without ABS sold here, but if it’s not too hard to do it would make my life easier. (In that I get a broader selection of cars)

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chem.X
          Hey Alex I have a question for you. Maybe 2.

I’m looking to buy a 240sx (RPS13) or 200 as they are called here in Europe, and my logic states that you don’t want ABS in a drift vehicle (right/wrong ?) and in that case do you know if it’s a difficult operation to disable/remove the ABS on this type of car.

Again my guess is that its not but the only way to find out is to ask right

The reason I ask is that there were not that many cars without ABS sold here, but if it’s not too hard to do it would make my life easier. (In that I get a broader selection of cars)

Thanks.
          You dont want ABS while your drifting. Its easy to remove the ABS but its just easier to unplug it. Take out the ABS fuse or relay will work.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• hey alex my name is chris and i just have a quick question for you, sence you have owned a few sc300 and i am in a market for one right now and alot of them have traction control and i am wondering how hard it is to turn that off????

Comment

• when u gonna get ur a55 back to chicago so we can party again!!
              Last edited by Reckless Hero; 03-01-2005, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Thanks

Hey Alex thanks for the cigarette signature, my friends think thats the coolest of all of the ones i got. Oh ya sweet save before the second left at d1. Later

Comment

• Hey Alex,

When are you gonna post some "News" on Battleversion.com? Come on, dood, how 'bout some updates.

Anything new for the RS-R S2000 for this year, besides the rear wing?

Thanks. See you lata.

SageCraft@hotmail.com
                  Jonny Mac

Comment

• I havent had much time to work on my web site. Its there basicly for people to order direct instead of going threw dealers.

I really dont know whats going on with the s2k. I know RS*R is working on upgrading a few things but I dont really know what they will change untill its time to drive it again.

Comment

• haha, late, but...
                      thanx for drifting my car last drift day! hahahahah

ok, i was just bored and had to post something here.

Comment

• Hi Alex

Here in the UK Drifting is hotting up big time, there are some serious grassroots drifters coming through the ranks. The best competitions in terms of excitement have been our international events with drivers from Ireland, Holland & Belgium etc, showing us a few new tricks & vice versa.

Q1: What have you heard about drivers from the UK or Europe & do you think we could pose a serious challenge & liven things up a bit in the USA ?

Q2: Would you like to come to the UK/Europe for a challenge or two & how do you think you'd do. (PS it rains lots over here)

I've had a few invites to come over the US and drive at a some events, would love to but its the ££££'s that holding me back. I'll be running in a Turbo'd Miata in the UK's Autoglym Drift Championships (No6) & entering all the Major events (its a small country). Luckily I get to drift most days now as I'm instructing with Drift Academy & put on Drift Demo's, regular practice is honing those skills

Hope to meet you oneday, would love to do battle too
                        Cheers
                        Declan Hicks

Comment

• Yeah, It seems like drifting has really started to catch on in many countries. I do send a fair amount of parts over to the UK and i've seen what vids have been on the net.

About how good you guys are. I have this philosophy on drivers.
                          Everyone is the king of their own mountain....
                          What I mean by that is each group, or crew, or area, state, mountain, country ex.. has their top drivers and everyone thinks they are the best.

You may be the best in the area you run or on your particular track, but you really dont know how good you would be if you ran someone elses area or track. More then likely if you go to another area you will loose to the guys who have more experience there but it also works in your favor when they come to yours.

In the pro ranks, It really doesnt matter where you go, all the drivers will beable to perform to their full potential within a few test sessions. Just for instance, at this years D1 opener, the american drivers have way more laps and experience at Irwindale but only 3 americans made the cut to top 30, and only one made it to the top 16. That shows you what our skill level and cars abilities are compaired to the top japanese.

I always look forward to running with new people so i hope we do have a chance to ether go to the UK or have some of you guys come over. As far as how I would do, I'm not the best driver but I am hard to beat so you better be ready for it.
                          Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 04-04-2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Hey alex, i know you do alignments and everything so i have a question. What are some baseline reccomendations for a s13 drift alignment? i have d2 coilovers with pillowballs and camber plates, tc rods, tie rods w/ adjustable ends, RUCA's, hicas swaybar, welded diff but soon to be Detforce! Falken Azenis up front in 205-50-15. crap out back. completely stock ka24de.

I use it specifically for drift but have NEVER had an alignment. pretty sad i know. my main questions concern toe settings. also how much caster, camber, etc do you reccommend for an intermediate level drifter. thanks alot.

Comment

• As far as settings go, I set everyone's car differently for their individual setups such as height of the car, what tires you have, the tire sizes, the driver style as much as his driving level. Generic settings would be say -2 camber front, -1 rear, 0 front toe and toe in for the rear.

The front castor setting will depend on what tie rods you have.

Since you run crap rear tires, your rear alignment wont matter much. Your not going to gain much traction with the settings because your tires suck anyway. You should look into drifting with good tires all the way around. Running crap tires in the rear is good to get a basic feel of drifting but once your able to actually drift threw a corner concistantly, you need to step up and get some better rubber. You will learn alot more and drift with higher speeds with decent tires.
                              Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 04-07-2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer

Since you run crap rear tires, your rear alignment wont matter much. Your not going to gain much traction with the settings because your tires suck anyway. You should look into drifting with good tires all the way around. Running crap tires in the rear is good to get a basic feel of drifting but once your able to actually drift threw a corner concistantly, you need to step up and get some better rubber. You will learn alot more and drift with higher speeds with decent tires.

please come to riverside and tell everyone that for me, people look at me like im an idiot when I say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X