No announcement yet.

some new Miata pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

certain danty little miatas can be close to 1500 lbs lighter then the Mark IV Supra in stock form. I'd much rather take it.

Comment

Ehem!..

ok here we go...

Supra, Heavy powerful in JGTC blah blah blah!

Roadster, Light underpowerd, and the most raced car in SCCA santioned events. oh and 1/3rd the price... blah blah.

But see i dont look at official race cars and somthing not meant for street use. and your are looking at stock apearences way too much... yah see i have the ability to look into the future!.. yes the future! tah see the true potential of things not yet done... nah nevermind that feck the future! the present is now... miatas are doing bigger (like your boat) and better things. ive driven an seen many miatas that both overpowers and out steers a Dodge Viper. from SR20's to Rotaries to 5.0 V8's. now i dont agree at all with comparing this to a supra, totally way to different from each other. but if it makes you happy, well we all have are favorite cars.
      another thing the reason you see JGTC with no miata's is once again they dont fit in that class. that much power in a miata would be unfair..
      but like i said factor in street elements no more JGTC or SCCA stay grass roots...
      dude, and just get off it try comparing it to somthing at least closer like the RX-7 or... oh wait.. your right.. nothing compares..
      late,
      Thrillz

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
        ^ Why'd you take out your comments about the MkIV's handling aspect? Maybe because you realized that it didn't make any sense. How is it that the MkIV, which I quote what you edited, "handles like a boat" keeps up with and beats NSXs and GT-Rs yet it could never ever keep up with a dainty little miata? That's pure bollocks, you and I both know it. If the miata is such a superior car why is it that the Supra is used in races like JGTC but the miata is made fun of for being underpowered and lame?
        Your point of view of driving differs from mine. I don't know if you think about driving cars in a leisurely aspect, but I do, and to me the miata seems more of a drivers car due to its lay out and light weight. Thinking in superiority is a joke and being as how you didn't touch on specifics as to why the car is superior, is even more of a joke. The supra in my point of view is far out of the comparison spectrum to any car thats so light weight and nimble. Its great that supras do well in jgtc, but clearly that doesnt encompass all aspects of driving....I mean you make it apparent that your train of thought is, if it does good in jgtc its the best car...these things are two totally different cars, they perform differently in different aspects. Those beasts in jgtc are FAR from any production type. Im having a hard time reflecting on what other forms of motorsport its been very popular in? Saying a supra is superior is making too general of a statement, especially in comparison to a totally different car. Open your brain. These things are different.

Oh yea and i just read the post above mine, so I apologize for the repeat

btw Great pics guys, theres some dam nice miatas in the bunch.
        Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 07-27-2004, 03:08 AM.

Comment

great way of putting it, you said what i wanted to say but smoothed it out a bit more. i think its time we lay this post to rest.. like we should have the moment it turned into a dispute. this is definatly not what this forum is meant for... basically it comes to the shake hands and walk away...

i encourage you to make a supra post and get some pics up cause id enjoy seeing what yah guys drive.. the supra is definatly a sexy lookin car..
          later, happy drifting

Thrillz

Comment

Originally posted by FALCON EF DRIFT
            Mazda MX5 is severly under powered, its a glorified and enlarged 323!! Handles well, guages are nice but lack of big power, FF aswel Supra is the superior car, the Miata would have its backside handed to it by the Supra
            Where are you getting FF from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
              I'm sorry, could you remind me how many little girl cars (read: miata) are used in JGTC and how many MkIV's hold track records? Ready to take your foot out of your mouth?
              Have you ever driven your Supra on a track. And by track I mean one with turns in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
                Where are you getting FF from?
                i think he's refering to a 929...a larger 323???

To Falcon EF Drift
                if i'm right th miata is smallest production car made by mazda...and one of the smallest carsever...next to the geo metro. and FF??? look underneath...uh oh? what's that? ooo...i seee a driveshaft....interesting....i wonder what a drive shaft goin down the middle of your car means...well the engine is in the front? and a driveshould mean it's rwd...oo so it means it's FR....yea, thats right...stfu....do u drive an EF??? i worked with hondas for the better part of 3 years...so i know what they lack...especially civics...whyd o u think i chose a Miata
                Last edited by Nemesis; 07-27-2004, 07:57 AM.

Comment

wow ex-cat,
                  you really hate miatas? your pointing out silly obvious things, 270hp (stock) supra is fast than the 90-140hp stock miata. WOW you should write a book. I love my miata because I can beat sportbikes (they are fast to) in the twistys, but guess what they beat me in the straights...

moron.

HEY EVERYONE SUPRAS ARE FAST, DID YOU KNOW THAT? PRETTY EXCITING HUH?

I bet in a circut race a N/A mk4 v.s. a miata, the miata would win. But see the turbo mk4 is in a different class. somewhere with maybe s15, nsx... but you knew that. and your not 14... and you can drive really really soon, because your 15 and 3/4ths...

are you down on hachis to? 1.6, 100hp, rwd, small...

Comment

oh yeah,

Comment

in that last Miata pic there is a Supra in the garage behind it

Comment

It is all relative guys… I drifted a 700hp Supra 2 weekends ago at an event. He recorded my runs with his boost controller. He usually runs 27 psi, I was barley getting to 16 psi. I had to stab the throttle repeatedly to keep from spinning out. It made more than enough power at 16 psi to drift. The turbo had Supra (oops super) lag. On the other hand I have watched the Jasper Supra dice through the crowd just as smooth as Hubinette. There where Miata’s at the last 2 Formula D’s. Both of them did not do to well. Much like the Supra it they where not setup for the drifting. I am not bashing either car. It is all about tuning. There are facts like “this car can pull 1.2 G’s. Then there is opinion’s like “This is car is superior to this car!”

BTW I own a Miata myself I drift the hell out of that car. W/ a little more tuning I will be able to keep up with just about all the 12 sec Supras. In case you have never heard the joke before, that’s means 400p thru 800hp

Comment

I actualy own an 89 supra N/A, but before I bought it I was seriously considering buying a MX5. I do agree my car is fat, but I am working on that. I also agree that the MX5 is a great driver's car. But lets all be glad that the rice craze hasn't caught on to MX5's and supra's(MK 3's). Well my 2 cents.

Comment

The smallest production car ever made by Mazda was the 121, little bubble thing. Anyways the MX5 that we have over here are FF's, but sorry if I got some things wrong dude. DOnt get me wrong the MX5 is a nicely styled car, the car is much more nimbler that the MKIV which will undoubtedly kill it on the short twisty tracks. Guess I just stated the obvious by saying the Mazda would have its backside handed to it by the Supra, but then again not in all aspects. Look at the downhill touge, an MR-2 Vs. S15 R, MR-2 lost on the uphill. Now just imagine the MX5 in this scene, same outcome yeah. BUt this is just my oppinion when saying the Supra is the superior vehicle. But hey who's to say a modded Hybrid MX5 cant belt the crap out of a MKIV? Only time will tell.

Comment

thanks for the moderation, I regret spending so much time on a post not related...

Rota: its not a supra in the pic, its a 400hp 240sx (sr20), right now its down for reworking/money dumping hahah. its my friends.

cartunes13: thats cool, I stumbled onto your cardomain site before looking for miatas. I really like the look with the top wheels, the not rotas...

Comment

Im disapointed in you miata guys, Nemesis your childish and belittling comments are not helping "whats that a drive shaft" try to end the argument not feed it.. we already won.
                                Sid thanks but no thanks "HEY EVERYONE SUPRAS ARE FAST, DID YOU KNOW THAT? PRETTY EXCITING HUH?" unecessary. nice roadsters though, what coilovers are those with the AGX's love the rims.
                                Tuner i got this bro, lets see that pic of your car under the semi?? can yah post it?

Supra guys give it up, yah guys lost stop repeating yourselfs and just walk away..

now lets see some pics...

Thrillz

PS. there is no FF MX-5 anywhere..

Comment

Working...
                                X