Pics Of The 2006 Rx-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics Of The 2006 Rx-7

i wanted it to look diffrent from the rx-8 but i guess its better than nothing. haha
    Attached Files

looks a little different, but still cool.

btw ddi you make this little add?

Comment

At least we know they're gonna do it. I've seen sneak shots of the next miata and it had a very similar face to that and the RX-8. So I'm wondering if Mazda is really stupid enough to make 3 sports cars that all look almost the same or if they're just keeping things very secret.
      new miata?
      And why not make the RX-7 about $40,000? The miata will probably start about $21000, the Rx-8 is about $26000, so putting the RX-7 in between those two would be pretty pointless. Besides, if Japanese car companies want to be taken more seriously as builders of performance cars by the rest of the mainstream auto world, they need something to compete with the corvette, M3, 911, and other ~350-400hp, $50,000 cars.

BTW, reading more about the next miata, Im becoming more worried... bigger, possible rotary.... all I care about is that they keep the weight under 2600lbs. If they don't, they've failed COMPLETELY.

Comment

btw ddi you make this little add?
        nope i found it in some magazine at target

Comment

hmmm, dont think that would be the new miata, looks like a miata with a body kit of some kind. But i think the miata might be replaced with something like this, which is close:

or whatever this thing is called:

wither way, its going to get a face lift, and i personally like the first pic, just looks a little better. But im not exactly sure if these 2 pics are the same car, or if there 2 different designs

just thought id share

Comment

i still way perfer the looks of the late model rx-7's. all sleek smooth lines. oh man!

Comment

yeah, i like the older 3rd gen rx 7s they look so good, and the body kits and other stuff for them are really nice and add to the beauty of the car

Comment

hmmm.. thought it would somewhat similiar to the original rx-7 but o well i guess this'll do so much r-x's to chose from

Comment

speaking of new gen cars, i've herd a rumor about a 2008 supra, might have a hybrid,a v6, or a v8. i found a pic of it but i dont know how to post a pic

Comment

looks like a rx7/8 or rx7.5 concept. whatever you name it!

Comment

looks funky!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMX5
                        At least we know they're gonna do it. I've seen sneak shots of the next miata and it had a very similar face to that and the RX-8. So I'm wondering if Mazda is really stupid enough to make 3 sports cars that all look almost the same or if they're just keeping things very secret.
                        new miata?
                        And why not make the RX-7 about $40,000? The miata will probably start about $21000, the Rx-8 is about $26000, so putting the RX-7 in between those two would be pretty pointless. Besides, if Japanese car companies want to be taken more seriously as builders of performance cars by the rest of the mainstream auto world, they need something to compete with the corvette, M3, 911, and other ~350-400hp, $50,000 cars.

BTW, reading more about the next miata, Im becoming more worried... bigger, possible rotary.... all I care about is that they keep the weight under 2600lbs. If they don't, they've failed COMPLETELY.
                        How is it pointless? I don't understand your logic...It's possible to squeeze in between those price range. Most Japanese car-makers don't make money off of sport cars. They are just an imagine builder. Like how that article said. They make all of they're money off of mid size sedans and econboxes. Who cares if they look the same...If it's pretty, don't make it ugly. And they don't need to compete with "them", because people are already buying their cars.

I don't know what angle you're coming from the miata, but bigger means it can hold drifts longer, rotary means more POWER(duh and I'm kinda of tired of the old engine) and 2600 lbs is still pretty light...

Comment

It's pointless because to me it looks like that RX-7 is just a slightly smaller, slightly cheaper, two seat RX-8.
                          (Of course I take all that back if they put a turbo rotary in it.)
                          And I come from the angle that the early (NA) model Miata was the best. It was 2200lbs the latest 2004 Miatas are almost 400lbs more. If it isn't light, it's not a Miata. Their lightweight, simplicity, tossability, and raceability is the whole point. Rotaries have yet to prove themselves in the cheapness and longevity departments.
                          Last edited by MarshallMX5; 09-06-2004, 05:46 PM.

Comment

miata was codenamed eibuku something like that idk. that new rx7 should stick do a diff direction than the rx8 styling, it looks beautiful but its like a ford taurus and a mercury sable, same car. diffrent tags. the FD body is just beautiful too look at, you keep thinking it cost like 50,000 but its like 10-25 g's nowadays. I just hope mazda changes the body style and gets a stronger engine!

Comment

Originally posted by rotarydrftr
                              speaking of new gen cars, i've herd a rumor about a 2008 supra, might have a hybrid,a v6, or a v8. i found a pic of it but i dont know how to post a pic
                              I've seen mock-ups of the next Supra (dont remember which mag I saw it in though)... Well actually, there wont be any Supra at all, the Supra will be replaced by a car called the 5000GT with a retro design of the 2000GT if the 60s. Expect a 5 liter V8.

I see a new Japanese sports car war with this RX-7, GT-R, the next NSX, and the 5000GT.

Comment

Working...
                              X