Good Drift Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dae
    this list was very informative thank you very much you have helped me on my way to become the next takumi!

Yes, yes, yes, but which car comes with a cupholder for my water?

Comment

none of the nissans do...

Comment

Re: Good Drift Cars

Originally posted by Mr.Dorifto
        This is for all you people that are looking for drift cars.

What you want in a "good" drift car the main points are:

- Good Suspension
        - Good Brakes
        - A RWD car of course
        - Manual Tranny(unless your a lazy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*)
        - Good Weight Distrubution
        - And a Good set of wheels

First off buy your car. Heres a list of good drift cars in order:

1. 180sx/S13/Sil80 and AE86- nice weight distribution and very well balanced(they both are very good so they tie in first place )

2. RX7 FC and FD- good weight distrubution especially the FC and the rotary w/ turbo(if you have turbo) gives it good speed stock

3. Toyota SW20 MR2- even though it may be a MR and maybe a car that my drift kinda hard, it has the best weight distrubution since the engine is in the mid-section of the car giving it very good traction and weight transfer if you perform a "feint" dorifto. The tires dont lose traction on slides which is good and bad lol. Besides it looks like a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* car and its the best down hill drifter

The next buy new suspension and brakes

Suspension is very important for the balance of the car. And you need good brakes of course for to perform techiniques like pros

Next Tires

Just get some good tires and wear them down until they are semi-grippy and semi-slippy

This step is not required but everyone is in the need for speed
        Next Step Engine Uprgrade or swap
        Most people(including me) make engine swaps. Some good oens are:

AE86 or AE85- AE101, SR20DET, RB20DET, and S2K Vtec(yes i know what your thinking but trust me its good)

180sx/Sil80/S13- the very popular SR20DET, RB20DET, and RB24DET

Silvia series- SR20, RB20, RB24, and Silivia engines(duh but they good)

For upgrades:
        Buy Turbo Kits they are better than Superchargers(trust me)
        Intake Manifold
        Muffler
        Intercooler
        yadee yahh blah blah blah all that stuff you know what i mean

AND THE Final Body kits and Downthrust Aerodynamics
        Use Carbon Fiber, Kelvar, etc. Make the body lighter
        Down thrust including Wings and Spoilers
        and for that ricer look body kits
        actualy out of the cars you listed the FCs and FDs have the best weight balance 50/50 and you left out the miata 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
          OKOKOK, How many of you have cars, or licenses for that matter?

I don't care if you're drifting, or oval racing, it is the driver. I run circles (literally ) Around red-top Silvias all day in my Miata. Oh wait, you didn't mention the Miata, so i must be doing something wrong?
          The miata is king...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
            none of the nissans do...

Then I will never be a good drifter, if my water cup spills!!

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              some one is shooting for my job... But yeah what he said! we all know its easy to fool the censor.. but its not a random series of letters that we dont want on the forum its the meaning behind said letters. So take it easy and have fun..
              hahaha just doing my part in helping to make sure this place is a "clean" place lol!

Comment

In Initial D he uses an "aftermarket" cup holder. Goes into the heater vent i believe.

DrifterN.. good keep it up. And if you need to report a thread, use the link on the post.. it works really really well.

Comment

Tsuchiya is an awsome drifter, and he never had a damned cup holder. he uses the g-ball thingy!!!

Comment

G-balls are excellent, but you arent able to see it, u need a camera and stuff, but it shows a very clear weight transfer.

Comment

yeah, just take video of your drifting with the g-ball, then watch it on tv. i think it helps to see your car from the outside while you are driving so that you can see where you need to improve

Comment

agreed

IM gonna have to agree a supercharger is better then a turbo, due to the no lag like u said, esspecially when drifting cuz ur gonna want power into the turn and out not just out due to the high rpm for the spoolidge of the turbo. a supercharger is just more effeciant and less likely to blow ur moter.

Comment

Dude, anyone who says that a supercharger has less lag than a turbo doesnt know what they are talking about. If i put a T25 on a 3 liter motor, then there will be absolutely no lag (unless it is some freak turbo). A T78 on a 1.6 liter is going to lag. It depends on the turbo and your engine.

A supercharger is not more efficent that a turbo, it is less efficent. It needs to use the engines power to run it. The turbo uses not the engines power, but its exhaust gases, something it doesnt need inside of it. Thats like instead of you spinning a crank by hand yourself, you fart on the crank and it spins. Its easier and it doesnt use your power.

Either one of these will blow your motor if you dont know what you are doing, but a turbo is easier because they will continue to boost without any release and if you dont add fuel, i can see how it would be easier. The pulley on the s/c probably wont be able to put out enough boost to blow your motor, but then it doesnt have the capability to put out as much power either. If the pulley is super small, it will put out tons of power, but it is just as likely to blow your motor if you dont know what you are doing.

Comment

hmmmm.....you fart and the compressor spins...I think I hear the next big eBay mod. Right there next to the battery powered supercharger.
                            I really dont get what everyone is complaining about with turbos and supers. Its like yelling about whether a ferarri is better than a lambo. Just pick one and be happy with what you have. Besides, people who are learning to drift should focus on the suspension first ----> learn how the drive the car ---> then worry about adding power.

ps-- I usually drink the water first, no cupholder

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
                              Either one of these will blow your motor if you dont know what you are doing, but a turbo is easier because they will continue to boost without any release and if you dont add fuel, i can see how it would be easier. The pulley on the s/c probably wont be able to put out enough boost to blow your motor, but then it doesnt have the capability to put out as much power either. If the pulley is super small, it will put out tons of power, but it is just as likely to blow your motor if you dont know what you are doing.
                              What are you talking about?

You were doing half-ok until here. This makes no sense. "It will continue to boost with no release"? What release?

Two things "blow" motors: Improper fueling, or mechanical failure. Assuming the motor is built solidly and will be able to handle boost, what will fry it is insufficient fuel. It doesn't matter if it's turbocharged, supercharged, or fartcharged. Regardless of what you do, you're going to have to increase fueling.

Superchargers are not more or less likely to cause engine damage. My friend is putting the Vortech off his old 5.0 onto his G60 Corrado. If he wanted to he could attempt to run 40+ pounds of non-intercooled boost into it. Superchargers are fully capable of making plenty of boost, more then enough to fry a poorly setup motor.

If you don't want turbo lag, use a properly sized turbo and keep the revs up. With his oversized T03/04, my friends 2.0 Jetta doesn't spool until about 3500...so what do you do to avoid the lag? You drive around like an *Censored**Censored**Censored* at 3 or 4,000 rpm. I doubt any of you are putting around at 2k while you're trying to drift. Even with that lag-rich setup, you would probably have no trouble, as it pulls hard to 7,000 +. That's plenty of powerband to work with. With a more correctly sized turbo, you could spool easily 1000 to 1500 rpm earlier.

Whatever. This should be an entire other thread.

Comment

I agree, lets keep on topic, good drift cars. Which, like I said, is basically something with 4 wheels and a motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X