My Fellow FC drifters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber/Alignment setup

Anyone have some input on alignment setup and camber setup for the FC? I hear in autocross, racers like to toe out on the front with a little negative camber, but when it comes to drifting, I'm not sure if that will hinder performance. Any thoughts? I've considered the rear camber adjustment kit since lowering it, and also the rear toe eliminators. BTW, how does the car behave differently after installing the rear toe eliminators?

Comment

Re: Camber/Alignment setup

Originally posted by mrjuwono
      BTW, how does the car behave differently after installing the rear toe eliminators?
      I am planning on getting that i heared its suppose to remove alot of the "Snap-Back" effect you get on a stock FC

Either way, its still needed for the FC.

Comment

I have a set of the toe steer eliminators on. Not trying to insult anyones knowledge or anything,just wanna throw this out there for those that dont know, but what your doing by installing them is just as the name implies. Mazda decided to make a bushing that, when loaded with weight from cornering, the cars rear cornering wheel would toe-out, giving a feel of oversteer. great feeling for average drivers, not good for more "seasoned" drivers. most kits are either polyurethane or steel. either one will do. I highly recommend doing this simple mod. its sooo worth it. Most of those OEM bushings are old an worn out.

Comment

Info on rear camber adjust plates?

I installed the rear toe eliminators and it makes such a difference! Even on normal driving it feels so much more solid. I have tokico blue struts w/ eibach lowering springs and ever since that install the camber has been extremely negative. I guess the rear toe system along with the rear wheels cambering out really made the car act squirrelly. I still have the small stock wheels on there so I don't have a lot of contact patch as it is. Now the question is, I hear of people making a ghetto rigged camber adjustment plate that mounts on the top of the struts? Anyone know of how to build a set. Mazdatrix sells the adjustable camber adjust link for just over $130 or the individual links that allow adjustment on each side independently for $105 per side. I'm pretty handy with tools...any takers?

Comment

i dont know if you can make an upper camber plate for the rear, i dont think i've ever seen one offered. i thought the only adjustment was getting an adjustable camber link?

you can always go to a good alignment shop and have them slot your struts. you can get negative camber up front on a 240sx with them, but i dont know about positive camber, and im not sure about how it'd work on an FC (i havent had my fc for that long, not long enough to have pulled the struts off anyways)

as for toe and camber i like negative camber up front, and alot of it. it'll give you more control. toe will kill your tires alot more than camber will, so toeing out the front will scrub them off quickly. it'll result in heavier steering that has more of a tendency to self-correct with lighter steering input.

it really all depends on what you like. i personally have the toe zeroed on my 240, and 2 degrees camber up front 3 in the back. what is your control like and what do you want it to be like? learn about what each setting will adjust and go from there. also dont forget to take into consideration your tires and how often youre looking to change them
            Last edited by PearlWhiteMike; 01-15-2004, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Slot the struts?

Yeah I'm still trying to find a cheap but reliable way to adjust my rear camber.

What is involved with slotting the struts? I'm not familiar with that...

Comment

Largus = the sway bars most D1 drivers use

Comment

where could i get those toe eliminators?

Comment

www.mazdatrix.com

Comment

I'll tell u one thing though, after drifting in my new FC, i felt it was more responsive than my old RHS13 240sx

Comment

?^^?what type of rims are those on your FC?^^?

Comment

i drive a 90 gxl and i was just wondering where you guys are getting the toe eliminators. i need some bad!!!!

90 gxl stock motor
                          racing beat springs and anti-rolls
                          racing beat mufflers (i dont know about you guys but
                          mine are really quiet)
                          corbeau forza racing seat
                          sparco 6 point camlock harness
                          always keep my simpson high top racing shoes in the back

Comment

Mazdatrix

Originally posted by fuse
                            i drive a 90 gxl and i was just wondering where you guys are getting the toe eliminators. i need some bad!!!!

Comment

I though setting the front with more - camber vs the rear makes it easier to drift? Well I dont know yet. Im waiting on some of my suspension parts.

(current project)
                              Eibach Anti-Roll kit
                              Tein Type HA Damper Kit
                              Strut Bar (i dont know yet, either JIC or Cusco)

anybody used TEIN kits before? I would like to hear your opinion.

Comment

The negative camber in the rear makes the car grip on turns real well, but making simple lane changes at 55 mph feels like your yanking the steering all the way to one side...real squirrely.

Besides, aren't we all here to drift anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X