No announcement yet.

My Fellow FC drifters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And lose traction easier. Your contact patch in a straight line is decreased.

Comment

i think the only way to really adjust the camber in the rear is to get that sub frame bar. because the rear struts are actually more like coil overs if you try to make a plate for them you will just end up bending something. i dont think that toeing out the front wheels would be very good for drifting because in a normal corner both front wheels are forced to follow different lines. the inside one being slightly sharper than the outside , where as in a drift it seems like that would want to pull the inside front wheel more to the inside producing weird and possibly unpredictable oversteer. ive taken a class on suspension engineering but drifting wasnt really a part of it.

Comment

Well guys ill will be going the fc crowd this weekened after i pick up a T2 in Newport.

Hey crash, wanna help me get my stuff ready for the meet?

Ill post up some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
          Well guys ill will be going the fc crowd this weekened after i pick up a T2 in Newport.

Hey crash, wanna help me get my stuff ready for the meet?

Ill post up some pics.
          Sure DUDE. just let me know when and where. PM me ill give you my cell.

Comment

done. youve got mail.

Comment

chas is going to the fc crowd huh...thats really funny, cause chas isnt GOING anywhere in his fc! hahaha! get it?

Comment

No.

Comment

Dumbass

Comment

damnit not another kid buying an fc. There all gonna be gone soon

Comment

FC drivers and tuners, sound off
                      This is our thread!

Comment

FC (soon to be) Driver here!! Still workin on my baby, she's in my garage back at home. A couple q's tho. First off, Ive got an 88 convertible (N/A), and want to know whether they have the same suspension set-up as the coupes. In a couple weeks Im gonna be putting all new rotors and pads on all corners, and a strut tower bar on her... I was thinking that this would be an opportune time to install the rear toe eliminators too, but the thing is that I havent really driven the car a lot yet, and wanted to know whether you think I should get used to the car the way it is, or install them before I start driving it so I grow accustomed to the car with them installed? Thanks!

Comment

Oh, forgot to ask... I know generally that when you cut the top off a car, it looses a bit of the structural stiffness... Im assuming this is true of the FC convert., will this affect the driftability too much? If so, what can be done about it (short of a roll cage)?

Comment

NAs are slow. You should get a 13BT kouki FC. They are the faster ones amongst the FCs and they are much more reliable. Oh my bad...

Zenki: 87-88 (earlier models)
                            Kouki: 89-91 (late models)

Power is not an issue when drifting. However, with the exception of rotaries, you need "some" power. Rotaries have to rev high to get any kind of torque out of them. I assume everone knows that, right?? So I'd say a stock turbo or similar to accompany that rotary is a perfect match.

Comment

FC

FC's are the stuff....they can be a hassle to take care of but not really ^_^

i did a little skirt the other night and now my turbo timer doesnt wanna play the little jingle it plays when you turn it on but whatever it still does its job plus my diff is shot and i need new brakes i go cry now :}

Comment

Got the Tein HA installed in my vert...still playing around with settings..but they effing rock!!!!

now i just got to stiffen up the chassy...cause now that i got hella stiff suspension..its showing how badly my chassy flexes...ya ya i know its a vert and verts do that...but i need the head room ok

Comment

Working...
                                X